“And in that day shall ye say, Praise the Lord, call upon His name, declare His doings among the people, make mention that His name is exalted” — Isaiah 12:4
“PRAISE the Lord! My name is Ifeoma Anichukwu from the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement, Nnaba Awka-Etiti Parish, Nnobi District, Onitsha Diocese. I am here to give thanks to God for delivering one of my children from very serious danger.
On Tuesday, October 4, 2011, at about 3.30pm, while I was busy in the kitchen preparing food for my children so that they could eat before attending the Charismatic Week programme that was holding at that period, I heard a distress call from the parlour where they were all seated that, my son, Prince, had swallowed a nail. I rushed into the parlour and there he was already sweating profusely. In panic and a confused state of mind, I dipped my finger down his throat to see if I could get a feel of the nail but it was to no avail. He cried aloud and I sensed that I was hurting him. At that juncture, I decided to take him to the hospital but while I was preparing to do that, his elder brother suggested that I should take him to the church to be prayed for since the programme was already in session.
I reasoned with him and without much ado, I strapped him to my back and headed to the fellowship centre. There, I brought him down from my back and to my amazement, he began to crawl about playfully as if nothing had happened to him. When I told one of our mother-sisters what had happened to the boy, it was difficult for her to believe me because my son did not display any sign that anything bad had happened to him. The sister, however, advised that I should take him home after the meeting since I could see that he was not showing any sign of uneasiness.
The next day, God Almighty, the Immirimious God of the Watchman came to our rescue. That Wednesday morning, I dressed him up with pampers which was not the usual practice especially during the day time. By the time we were about to leave for the programme, I asked my daughter to help me change my baby’s pampers only for her to exclaim that he had excreted the nail. I raced to the scene and was marveled at what I saw. I quickly picked up the nail, washed it and took it to the programme venue where I shared this testimony. Children of God, please help me to appreciate this very God who has delivered my child from what could have caused severe pain and harm to his body. Praise the Lord!”